ABA Standard 509 Consumer Information
To quickly navigate to your category of interest, please select from the options below:
Admissions data can be found as part of the NIU College of Law ABA Standard 509 Report (PDF).
- Tuition, fees and living costs can be found as part of the NIU College of Law ABA Standard 509 Report (PDF).
- Financial aid
The school does not award scholarships that may be reduced or eliminated based on law school academic performance other than failure to maintain good academic standing. Therefore, the school does not complete a "conditional scholarship retention chart."
Enrollment data and attrition/graduation rates can be found as part of the NIU College of Law ABA Standard 509 Report (PDF).
The number of full-time and part-time faculty, professional librarians and administrators for the NIU College of Law can be found as part of the NIU College of Law ABA Standard 509 Report (PDF).
- Class sizes for first year and upper class courses can be found in the enrollment columns of the latest class schedules below (PDF documents):
- Current and recent seminar offerings are listed under course numbers 900-914 of the Course Catalog.
- Clinical Offerings
- Information on co-curricular offerings can be found on the NIU Law Review page and the Practice Skills Competitions page.
American Bar Association Employment Summary
NIU College of Law Summary Employment Report*
* These documents are prepared by the National Association for Law Placement. Please note that disclosure of an individual's salary is voluntary and many graduates choose, for privacy reasons, to decline to participate in that part of the survey. In order to avoid inadvertent disclosure of individualized information, a minimum of five salaries is required for salary analysis in a category. Categories with less than five salaries reported are indicated with an asterisk. Categories that do not include any graduates are not shown.
Bar passage data can be found in the NIU College of Law's ABA bar passage report (PDF).
Information about refund policies can be found on the Office of the Bursar's page describing when and how refunds are issued.