The NIU College of Law Information Technology Department provides onsite support for the law school main campus in DeKalb as well as offsite support for two satellite locations, Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic in Rockford, IL and the NIU College of Law Medical-Legal Partnership in Aurora, IL.
The director of information technology, Rahul Thatte, and graduate assistant Pratik Didwania are located in Swen Parson 356. They can be reached by calling 815-753-0860 or emailing email@example.com.
College of Law Resources
- A computer lab reserved for law student use is located in room 290D of the Law Library. The lab provides access to high-speed laser printers and supports word processing, computer-assisted legal research, Internet access and other functions.
- Non-law students may use the public access computer located in the lobby of the Law Library for research purposes.
- Wireless access is available in the Law Library and most classrooms.
Kenneth C. Chessick Technology Skills Center
The Chessick Center introduces students to technology being utilized in the courtroom.
- The Chessick Center Courtroom features a flexible format so it can be used for different courtroom scenarios, including mediation and hearings. It can accommodate up to sixteen students for trial advocacy exercises.
- The Smart Classroom seats a maximum of fifty students at movable tables equipped with power and wireless Internet connection capabilities. It provides a space for practicing and viewing mediations and depositions.
- The Deposition Room is a small conference room that can be used for video recording and other purposes.
Online Course Components
Some NIU Law faculty use online courses to compliment classroom meetings. Faculty may design their own course Web sites or use sites created through Blackboard, Lexis Web Courses or The West Educational Network (TWEN).
Blackboard is a university-supported, web-based course management system. Students enrolled in a face-to-face class are automatically enrolled in the Blackboard course component if one exists for that class.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request audiovisual services. Requests should be made 24-48 hours in advance of need.
Video Display Setup 1
- Standard equipment: 60" LED TV with VHS/DVD Player and PC
Video Display Setup 2
- Standard equipment: Projector, portable screen, laptop, clicker with laser pointer
Public Address Setup
- Standard equipment: Single speaker with stand, single wireless microphone with stand
- Optional equipment:
- Additional speaker
- Standard equipment: Single digital camera and stands
|SP 290D: Computer Lab||