Congratulations on your acceptance to NIU Law. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus. Whether you’ve already decided to attend NIU Law or are still deciding, this site and the admitted student guide will answer many of your questions. The Office of Admissions staff is also available to assist you with any questions. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to join us in the fall, please email us at email@example.com, or mail in the form that was included in your admissions packet.
Our mailing address is:
College of Law
Northern Illinois University
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Swen Parson Hall, Room 151
DeKalb, IL 60115-2890
New Student Checklist
- Submit Seat Deposit online.
- Set up your MyNIU account.
- Financial Aid: review and ensure you have completed the steps on the financial aid guide to ensure that any aid that you wish to use for the next academic year is disbursed when classes begin.
- Housing: secure housing to ensure a smooth transition to new student orientation and the beginning of classes.
Over the Summer
- Financial Agreement: Prior to registering for classes, you must complete the NIU Financial Agreement on MyNIU. Our office will send you an email update when the form is available to sign. You will not be able to enroll in courses until you have completed this agreement.
- Health Insurance: all students are automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance plan at NIU when they register for nine or more on-campus credit hours. If you would like to enroll in or waive NIU student health insurance, you must do so by early September.
- Immunizations: documentation must be on file at University Health Services before August 1.
- Official Transcript: request that your final official transcript indicating the conferral of your baccalaureate degree is sent directly to LSAC’s Credentials Assembly Service.
- Purchase Textbooks: once book lists become available, purchase books before classes begin.
- Purchase a parking pass if you plan to drive to campus.
After New Student Orientation Begins
- Pick Up Your OneCard: the NIU OneCard is your official NIU identification.
- Reserve Your Locker: Student Affairs will begin locker assignments after the first week of classes.