Visit: Information Sessions and Open House Programs
The best way to get to know NIU Law and our community is to visit our campus, and we offer a variety of convenient ways for you to experience a day in the life of NIU Law and to get to know our supportive, inspiring community of faculty, staff and students. View the NIU Law Viewbook.
Prospective students are invited to register for a small-group information session. Information sessions are offered at two locations:
- These sessions are held at the College of Law on the NIU campus in DeKalb and consist of a brief admissions presentation followed by a tour led by a current law student.
- Sessions are offered Fridays at noon or by appointment.
- Each session consists of an admissions presentation and an opportunity to ask questions of the assistant dean and director of admissions.
- Sessions are offered Mondays at 1 p.m. at the offices of the Illinois State Bar Association, 20 S. Clark St., Suite 900.
- Chicago Loop information sessions are offered for the convenience of prospective students living or working in the Chicago area. The College of Law does not offer courses in Chicago. All law courses are taught on the DeKalb campus.
Open House Programs
- Fully immerse yourself in a day in the life of an NIU Law student by attending one of our open house programs scheduled throughout the year.
- Open House Programs typically feature a welcome from the dean, a mock class, a student panel discussion and tours of the College of Law.