Apply to a Certificate Program
Instructions for Certificate Applications
- Links to the forms are at the bottom of this page.
- IMPORTANT: Before beginning the form, ensure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your PC. If you do not have it on your PC, download and install it from https://get.adobe.com/reader/. Only use Acrobat Reader to open and fill in the form. Other PDF programs do not support the calculation fields required by the form.
- RIGHT-click on the link for your desired application form to download and save it. Do not open the form before saving it.
- For Chrome: right-click > “Save link as…” > save the file to your PC.
- For Edge/Internet Explorer: right-click > “Save target as…” > save the file to your PC.
- For Firefox: right-click > “Save Link As…” > save the file to your PC.
- Go to the saved file on your PC. RIGHT-click on the file name and select “Open with…” > Adobe Reader.
- Fill out the form in Adobe Reader and save it.
- Email the digital version to Julie Mahoney-Krzyzek, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print out a hard copy of the application, check that the information is correct, then sign and date it.
- Give the hard copy to the supervising faculty member for review and signature:
- Business Law - Professor Genevieve Tokic
- Civil Advocacy - Professor David Taylor
- Criminal Practice - Professor Daniel McConkie
- International Law - Professor Morse Tan
- Public Interest Law - Professor Michael Oswalt
- Certificate in Law and Women's and Gender Studies - Professor Anita Maddali
- Associate Dean Marc Falkoff must also approve and sign all forms.
- When all approvals and signatures have been acquired, turn in the hard copy form to Julie Mahoney-Krzyzek (SP285).
- It is preferred that this process is completed by the time Statement of Candidacy meeting with Julie takes place (August for December graduates, January for May graduates).
Note: Read the instructions above before downloading and filling out the forms.