Jeanna L. Hunter
Jeanna Hunter teaches legal writing and advocacy. She also helps to coordinate the first-year Academic Success Program. Before joining the faculty, she was a law clerk for the Honorable Charles W. Chapman, Illinois Appellate Court, Fifth District. She also clerked for the Illinois Appellate Court, Second District.
- Presenter, "The Front Line: Writing and the Bar Examination," Central States Regional Legal Writing Conference, UIC-John Marshall Law School, Chicago (September 2019) (with Meredith Stange).
- Presenter, "Yes, Virginia, there is Legal Writing on the Bar Exam: Teaching Writing and Bar Skills Together," Legal Writing Institute Workshop, University of Illinois College of Law (December 2018) (with Meredith Stange).
- Presenter, "Exit Laughing: Ideas for a More Fun, Productive Classroom," Central States Regional Legal Writing Conference, Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Presenter (September 2017) (with Meredith Stange, Sandra Kupelian and Jay Streitz).
- Panelist, Society of American Law Teachers, The John Marshall Law School and Northern Illinois University College of Law's "Breaking In: How to Become a Law Professor or Law School Administrator," Chicago, IL (September 16, 2011).
- Co-presenter (with Therese Clarke Arado, Frank Lima, Elsa Miller and Meredith Stange), "Divided We Succeed: Teaching Legal Writing & Research as Separate Collaborative Courses," Central States Regional Legal Writing Conference, Milwaukee, WI (Oct. 2009).
- Comment, Consent for the Legally Incompetent Organ Donor: Application of a Best-Interest Test, 12 J. Legal Med. 535 (1991).
- Note, Advertising - Supreme Court Upholds Attorney Statements of Certification in Advertising as Protected Speech, 15 S. Ill. U. L.J. 391 (1990-1991).