- About Us
- AlcoholEdu & Haven Online Education
- Forums & FAQs
- Programs & Services
- Peer Education Groups
- Dimensions of Wellness
- Alcohol, Tobacco, & Other Drugs
- Sexual Health
- Victim Advocacy Services
- Health Enhancement A-Z
- Contact Us
- Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- Health Enhancement Home
Wellness is more than just the absence of disease. It is a conscious, self-directed, dynamic process that integrates the mind and the body. You become aware of, take responsibility for, and make healthy choices that directly contribute to your wellbeing and that of the common good. The process is positive, affirming, and helps you to enhance your life.
This active process results in your optimal health where all dimensions of wellness – emotional, environmental, financial, intellectual, occupational, physical, sexual, social, and spiritual – complement and interact with each other. Engaging in this process allows you to continuously learn about yourself and gives you the opportunity to make decisions to enhance your wellbeing.
Everyone’s optimal wellness is different, depending on your own needs, experiences, personality, and circumstances. Wellness is a way of life that takes personal time, commitment, and motivation.
You have the power to make decisions about how you live your life, so…
- Click on the wellness wheel below to learn more about each dimension of wellness
- Take the wellness assessment to evaluate your current state of wellness
- Utilize the resources available to start your journey to optimal wellness today by clicking on the specific dimension of wellness
*For a list of the Dimensions of Wellness references used to develop these webpages, please contact the Health Enhancement Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-753-9755