Sharon L. Nelson
Sharon L. Nelson joined the Law Library in 2006. She is responsible for the implementation and use of all modules of the Voyager integrated library system, with particular responsibility for serials and acquisitions. In addition to her previous work in library systems, her experience includes positions in information technology and medical librarianship. She has been actively involved in the statewide I-SHARE library consortium and with the annual international conference for users of the Voyager system.
- The Connection between Animal Abuse and Family Violence: A Selected Annotated Bibliography, 17 Animal L. 369 (2011). (Also available in SSRN)
- Looking Back on the CALL Website, CALL Bull. (Spring 2017), at 24.
- 'Quiet' and Law Libraries: A Personal Reflection (reviewing Susan Cain, Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking (2012)), 23 MAALL Markings (March 2014).
- Working Smarter: Two Approaches to Time, Task and Life Management, CALL Bull. (Winter 2011), at 20.
- TechBuzz: LibraryThing: A Social Networking Site for Book Lovers (And Libraries Too), 34 CALL Bull. (Spring 2009).
- Program Report: Encore, Enterprise, Primo and WorldCat Local: Explore the Evolving Discovery Tools for Your Catalog, 34 Tech. Services L. Libr. (September 2008).
- Program Report: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Rethinking Bibliographic Services in the 21st Century, 34 Tech. Services L. Libr. (September 2008).
- Program Report: Cool Tools: Energizing Law Librarianship with Web 2.0, 34 Tech. Services L. Libr. (September 2008).
- Program Report: TS-SIS Hot Topic: Technical Services and the Three Rs: Reinventing, Restructuring, and Renewing, 34 Tech. Services L. Libr. (September 2008).
- Program Report: Blogging and Beyond: New Communication Streams for Technical Services Librarians, 33 Tech. Services L. Libr. (September 2007).
- Information Technology and the Teaching Role of the College Librarian (with Kelly L.K. Collins), 39 The Reference Libr. (1993).
- Medical Ethics, 67 Ill. Libr. (1985) (Annotated Bibliography).
- Creating a Tailor-Made Training Program for the OCLC ACQ Subsystem. 2 The Nat'l ACQuirer (OCLC ACQ Users Group Newsletter) (1984).
Professional Association Presentations
- Poster Session, Herding Cats: Using an Access Database to Track Copyright Permissions & Uploads of Faculty Scholarship to an Institutional Repository & SSRN, 2017 MAALL,
LLAW, MichALL, MALL, and CALL Joint Annual Meeting, Milwaukee, WI, October 2017.
- Fast Forward to Better Signage & Wayfinding in Your Library, MAALL Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL October 2014.
- Web 2.0 Technologies (panelist), MAALL Annual Meeting, Fayetteville, AR, October 2008.
- E-Reserves with Voyager and EZproxy: Fast, Cheap and Good (with Gretel Stock-Kupperman). Endeavor End-User Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 2006.
- An EZproxy Diary: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementation in the Small Library. Endeavor End-User Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 2003.