The application deadline for 2018-19 scholarship has passed.
The Mothers Memorial Scholarship Fund honors those who are or act as mothers to members of the NIU community by providing scholarships to upper division and graduate students at NIU whose current activities and career goals include improving the lives of women.
To contribute to the Mothers Memorial Scholarship Fund and please designate your gift to "Mothers Memorial Scholarship Fund Expendable."
If you would prefer to contribute to the endowment principal, designate your gift to "Mothers Memorial Scholarship Fund." You may also send checks made out to the NIU Foundation, with "Mothers Memorial Scholarship Fund Expendable" in the subject line, to the Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality, Reavis 103, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115.
- Juniors and seniors with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or graduate students with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Juniors, seniors or graduate students who have completed a minimum one year at NIU.
- Students with outstanding university activities, volunteer service, or jobs dedicated to improving the lives of women; students who have taken courses preparing them for careers in improving the lives of women.
- Demonstrated goals that include education, research, advocacy, support, or policy-making to improve the lives of women.
- Recipients will be chosen to represent the diverse disciplines and populations at NIU.
- All scholarships will be awarded for one academic year.
- In the event a recipient withdraws from the university, the remaining funds allocated for the scholarship shall be granted to another qualified student.
For additional information, contact: Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality, Reavis 103, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115. Phone: 815-753-1038. Email the Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality at email@example.com.
*Northern Illinois University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, status based on the Victims' Economic Security and Safety Act (VESSA), or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Further, the Constitution and Bylaws of Northern Illinois University provides for equal treatment regardless of political views or affiliation, and sexual orientation.