- Center for the Study of Women, Gender and Sexuality
- Why study CSWGS?
Why Study Women, Gender and Sexuality?
What are the Benefits?
A background in Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies will benefit you both personally and professionally, because:
- Employers value the critical thinking skills, research skills, and in-depth knowledge of diversity issues that you will gain in our courses.
- Our courses emphasize social justice, global awareness and an appreciation for human diversity, which are important to living in a global society.
- Students become more self-aware, community-minded and expand their social circles through involvement in our programs.
What Can You do with a Background in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies?
Our students have successfully gone on to pursue a wide variety of career paths, including but not limited to:
- Anchor/news reporter
- Art Director
- Business Director for a non-profit organization
- Civil Rights attorney
- College/university professor
- Communications Director for a child abuse prevention organization
- Director of Training at a global executive search firm
- Editor of a magazine
- Founder of an historical tour company
- High school teacher
- Manager for a marketing firm
- Web application designer and developer
What Do Our Students Say?
- The center is "tremendously valuable to all students as it involves the study of issues that have relevance and resonance to all of us."
- "I recently applied for internships in clinical psychology...having the LGBT certificate...helped me in the process and made me stand out."
- "The (Women's and Gender Studies) certificate helped me land my first academic job because my employer was impressed by the breadth of the coursework for this certificate."
- "The certificates gave me a 'leg-up' on (other) job candidates because it demonstrated a dedication to social justice and an ability to work across disciplines."