2L Mock Trial Competition
The 2L Mock Trial Competition gives students their first opportunity to present a case in a courtroom. The emphasis of the competition is on putting facts together to make a persuasive case to a jury. Nearly half the student body participate in this event each year with 2L's competing as trial attorneys, 3L's as presiding judges, and 1L's as jurors. The competition is an introduction to the real-life trial practice that many of our students will experience as state's attorneys, public defenders, etc.
Above (from left): 2014 2L Mock Trial finalists Kaitlin Hargate & Andrea DeVinney, and 2014 2L Mock Trial champions Brian Cunningham & Nick Atwood.
2014 Competition Results
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2014 2L Mock Trial Competition Champions: Brian Cunningham & Nick Atwood!
CONGRATULATIONS also to the Finalists: Andrea DeVinney & Kaitlin Hargate! And to the Semi-finalists: Jeffrey Reed & Whitney Wilkerson and Emma Boyer & Megan Norgart!
THANK YOU to all who volunteered to be Jurors and Judges - we couldn't have done it without you.
THANK YOU also to all the competitors - it was a great competition, and you all did well.
Past MTC Results:
- 2013 - Champions: Jesse Guth & Nicholas Perrone
Runners-up: Kevin Borozan & Niklas Lofgren
- 2012 - Champions: Kelvin Kakazu & Matt Nagy
Runners-up: Ryan Piechocinski & Sarmistha Banerjee
- 2011 - Champions: Kristin Good & Bill Wojnarowski
Runners-up: Valerie Goode & Sarah Adamski
- 2010 - Champions: Brad Stewart & Kathryn Williams
Runners-up: Gerry Connor & Gabe Zunino
- 2009 - Champions: Rory Patchin & Carrie Thompson
Runners-up: Sergio De Stefanis & April Stancliff
- 2008 - Champions: Bianca Camargo & Nenya Harris
Runners-up: Beth Farmer & Kara Principe
- 2007 - Champions: Heather Garay & Taylor Polachek
Runners-up: Lindsay Hatzis & Desiree Matel-Anderson
- 2006 - Champions: Kurtis Szymanski & Robert Zalud
Runners-up: Sheila Amiry & Lauren Dwyer