Moot Court XXXI
The NIU College of Law Moot Court Society cordially invites you to the 31st Annual Prize Moot Court Competition, with Preliminary rounds held on Saturday, February 16th, 2013, the semi-finals on Saturday, February 23rd, and the final round to be held on Saturday, March 2, followed immediately by the annual Moot Court Awards banquet.
The NIU College of Law Moot Court Society board is pleased to announce the judges for the semi-final and final rounds of this year's competition:
February 23, 2013
Semi-Finals - 11:00 a.m. session
- Justice Michael J. Burke, Appellate Court, Second District of Illinois
- Justice Ann Jorgensen, Appellate Court, Second District of Illinois
- Justice Mary Seminara-Schostock, Appellate Court, Second District of Illinois
Semi-Finals - 2:00 p.m. session
- Justice Joseph E. Birkett, Appellate Court, Second District of Illinois
- The Honorable Judith Brawka, Chief Judge, Sixteenth Judicial Circuit of Illinois
- Justice Robert Spence, Appellate Court, Second District of Illinois
March 2, 2013
Finals - 10:30 a.m.
- Magistrate P. Michael Mahoney, United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- The Honorable Michael P. McCuskey, Chief Judge, United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Michael A. Scodro, Esq., Solicitor General, Office of the Illinois Attorney General
On the first day of the Spring semester, second-year students received the record on appeal and began researching and writing their appellate brief. Once the brief is completed, the students practice and polish their oral arguments. Visit this page for more information as the competition nears.
Please mark your calendar, as everyone is invited to attend the oral arguments.