Online catalog help
There are two versions of the NIU catalog available. Both versions of the NIU catalog search the same underlying information.
- TheVu-Find version has a simple, "Google-like" search box.
- Vu-Find allows users to save "favorites," to view book reviews & information from Google Book Search, and to add tags and comments to items in the catalog.
- Users are allowed to choose their own user name and password when they create a Vu-Find account (see below).
- The 'Classic' version offers some specialized searches (publisher, call number, etc.) not available in Vu-Find.
- The Classic version requires you to log in using your library ID number (17-digit NIU OneCard number) and last name.
The I-Share catalog:
- Before requesting books in the I-Share catalog, you will need to set up a Vu-Find account (see below).
- Please note that if an item you request at a particular library is not available for some reason, the system will automatically move your request to the next library with an available copy; you do not need to re-request the item yourself.
To set up a Vu-Find account:
- Follow the instructions on the CARLI library consortium web site.
- Important: the e-mail address you enter when creating your Vu-Find account does not govern where your overdue and courtesy notices are sent. These notices are always sent to your official NIU e-mail address.