Information for Clients
The Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic is located at 319 West State Street in Rockford, Illinois. We provide legal services in Winnebago County at no charge to senior citizens and persons of limited means who would not otherwise be able to obtain legal representation. To make an appointment, please call (815) 962-9980.
We provide legal services in the following areas:
The Clinic represents persons charged with misdemeanors and traffic offenses.
The Clinic provides representation to victims of domestic violence who have been abused by a family or household member. We provide assistance in the following areas:
- Obtaining an Order of Protection
- Defending against an Order of Protection that was improperly granted
- Assisting with other matters that have arisen from the circumstance of abuse, such as eviction
The Clinic represents persons over the age of sixty in a variety of civil legal matters such as:
- Preparing various estate planning documents such as:
- Last Will and Testament
- Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Power of Attorney for Property
- Living Will
- Obtaining or defending against a guardianship
- Elder Abuse by a family member, household member, or caregiver
- Assisting with other civil matters such as consumer fraud, small claims matters, landlord-tenant issues, etc.
Clinic attorneys and students serve as mediators in small claims cases, child visitation matters, and evictions. These mediations are referred to us in court by the judge. We would consider providing mediation services in conjunction with community groups in order to seek solutions to disputes such as neighbors with issues of loud noise or shared driveways, etc.
Pro Se Divorce Clinic
The Zeke Giorgi Legal Clinic assists persons who do not have an attorney and wish to represent themselves in obtaining a divorce in Winnebago County. Clinic staff provides information regarding the divorce process, assist individuals in completing divorce paperwork, and explain how to prepare for an uncontested divorce hearing in court. The Clinic services in this area are informational only.