Alumni On the Move - Class of 2011
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Katherine Haskins Becker was installed as secretary of the DuPage Association of Women Lawyers (DAWL) on May 29, 2014 and as a member of the DuPage County Bar Association Board of Directors on June 5, 2014.
- Katherine Haskins Becker announced the opening of Haskins Becker, P.C. in Wheaton, IL, concentrating its practice in the areas of Divorce and Family Law. - December 2012
- Michelle Hawthorne is working as a clinic staff attorney at Florida Coastal School of Law. She is teaching trial skills, persuasive writing skills, and evidence. Michelle also coordinates the law school's criminal defense clinic and assists the director of their immigration law clinic. - July 2015
- Daniel Nunez received the Alumnus of the Year Award from the NIU Law Latina/o Law Students Association. - April 2015
- Kristen Shaffer has joined the firm of Shuttleworth & Ingersoll in Cedar Rapids, IA. Kristen will focus on family law and litigation. - July 2014