Alumni On the Move - Class of 2009
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Rocio S. Becerril's Chicago-based immigration law firm, The Law Office of RSB, will expand their services into the western suburbs starting on May 1, 2014. The new office will be located at 29W522 Batavia Rd, Suite 2, in Warrenville, Illinois. The firm focuses on family based petitions and deportation defense. - April 2014
- Craig L. Boston was hired as an Assistant State’s Attorney in DuPage County, Illinois. - September 2012
- Brian Covert opened a new law office in Warrenville, IL. Brian's firm focuses on foreclosure defense, loan modification and short sales. - October 2012
- Brent R. Eames helped represent a client on a case that was featured in the November 17, 2014 edition of the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. The case involved Robert Montegna, an employee at a car dealership in Moline, IL. Montegna was seriously injured in a crash while taking a customer for a test drive in November 2008. He was represented in the case by Whiteside & Goldberg, Ltd., and Eames was one of the attorneys who worked on the case. Montegna received a $2.25 million settlement.
- Cynthia Edwards was hired as Senior Contract Buyer at Pace Suburban Bus. She is responsible for conducting complex public procurements, negotiating contract terms and leading public bid openings. - September 2013
- Rick Guzman was featured on the cover of the Beacon-News of Aurora, IL on September 17. Guzman was interviewd for an article discussing new properties on LaSalle Street in Aurora, including Emmanuel House, the non-profit organization that he co-founded and for which he serves as chairman of the board. - September 2013
- Joseph Hylak-Reinholtz recently joined the health care law practice group at Much Shelist in Chicago. Joe represents health care providers and suppliers in connection with transactional and regulatory compliance matters, including joint venture agreements, mergers, sales and acquisitions of health care-related businesses. - June 2014
- Joseph Hylak-Reinholtz moved to Holland & Knight LLP. - June 2012
- Chris Kelly will be joining the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement District Court Litigation Division as an Associate Legal Advisor at ICE's Headquarters in Washington, DC. For the last four years, Chris has worked as an Assistant Chief Counsel with ICE, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in Eloy, Arizona. - September 2014