Alumni On the Move - Class of 2007
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Jody Booher made partner at Barrick Switzer Long Balsley & VanEavera in Rockford, IL, where she practices in General Practice, Equine Law, and Appellate Practice. - January 2015
- Clay Kawski was named as a 2013 Up and Coming Lawyer by the Wisconsin Law Journal on September 26, 2013 in Milwaukee. Clay is an Assistant Attorney General for the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
- Kevin McHugh was named a 2014 Member of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers. Kevin started his own firm in 2013 and just recently moved his law office to downtown Naperville. Other notable accomplishments include Kevin earning his LL.M. in Taxation from DePaul University College of Law; receiving the Award for Excellence in Pro Bono and Public Interest Service from the U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois in 2010; and becoming licensed in Florida in 2008. - August 2014
- Julie A. Neubauer was elected to the ISBA Assembly for Cook County. - May 2013
- Sun Pae made partner at Levenfeld Pearlstein LLC in Chicago. Sun is a member of the Intellectual Property Group, where she helps clients establish and protect their intellectual property rights in the United States and abroad. - February 2015
- Gary Pinter made partner at Heyl Royster in Edwardsville, IL. He practices in a variety of areas of civil tort litigation including the defense of matters involving product liability, premises liability, trucking and transportation claims and professional liability.