Alumni On the Move - Class of 2005
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Ryan Armour made partner at Cassiday, Schade LLP in Rockford, IL. - June 2013
- Kerry Bute made partner at Montgomery Rennie & Jonson in Cincinnati, OH, where she specializes in aviation defense litigation. - January 2015
- The 2012 NIU College of Law Alumni Council Award ceremony was held June 8 at River Heights Golf Course in DeKalb. Award recipients included Tom Kelly, Young Alumnus of the Year.
- Romas Mockaitis was honored with the Mentor of the Year Award at the 2014 NIU Law Alumni Council Awards ceremony on September 17, 2014 at the University Club of Chicago.
- Chicago-based law firm Much Shelist announced on May 13, 2015 that Robert M. Morgan has been named Special Counsel in the firm’s Health Care Law practice group. Previously, Bob served as general counsel for the Illinois Department of Public Health, and as associate general counsel in the Office of the Governor of the State of Illinois. - May 2015
- Robert M. Morgan was named to the 3rd Annual Jewish "36 Under 36" List by the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago's Young Leadership Division (YLD) and Oy!Chicago. - July 2014
- Amanda Reese became a partner at Michael, Best & Friedrich in Madison, Wisconsin. Amanda is a member of the Transactional Practice Group, focusing on health law and privacy matters. - June 2014
- Adam Vaught was honored as Young Alumnus of the Year for outstanding achievements early in his career and devotion to the public good. - September 2013
- Heather Wier Vaught was honored as a “40 under 40” attorney by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin in October 2014. The Law Bulletin Publishing company conducts the 40 under 40 survey annually to determine who they believe are the “up and coming” young attorneys in Illinois under the age of 40. Forty attorneys are chosen - from hundreds of nominations each year - based on professional achievements, passion, and a desire to help the community.
- Heather Wier Vaught and her role as Chief Legal Counsel for Illinois House Speaker Michael J. Madigan were featured in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin. - April 2012
- Heather Wier Vaught was was named Chief Legal Counsel to Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan. - January 2012