Alumni On the Move - Class of 2003
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Blake Cosentino was honored with the Outstanding Service Award at the 2014 NIU Law Alumni Council Awards ceremony on September 17, 2014 at the University Club of Chicago.
- Kenya A. Jenkins-Wright is the new General Counsel at the Illinois Guardianship & Advocacy Commission. The Commission protects the rights and promotes the welfare of the persons with disabilities. - March 2015
- Kenya A. Jenkins-Wright was honored as a “40 under 40” attorney by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin in October 2014. The Law Bulletin Publishing company conducts the 40 under 40 survey annually to determine who they believe are the “up and coming” young attorneys in Illinois under the age of 40. Forty attorneys are chosen - from hundreds of nominations each year - based on professional achievements, passion, and a desire to help the community.
- Kenya A. Jenkinks-Wright received the ABA YLD Star of the Year Award at the ABA's conference in Boston, MA on August 8, 2014.
- Kenya A. Jenkins-Wright was inducted as a member of the ISBA Board of Governors at the ISBA Annual Meeting on June 20, 2014.
- Kenya A. Jenkins-Wright was elected to the ISBA Assembly for Cook County. - May 2013
- Kenya Jenkins-Wright was selected as a 2012 Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star. - January 2012
- Lori McGirk recently became a shareholder at Guyer & Enichen, P.C. in Rockford, IL. Her practice is focused mainly on insurance defense matters and municipal law. - March 2015
- In December 2014, Christina Mennie was sworn in as the first female state's attorney in Putnam County, Illinois.
- Julie Proscia has been named to Chicago's Daily Herald Business Ledger list of Influential Women in Business for 2013. Julie is a partner at SmithAmundsen in St. Charles, IL. - October 2013
- Julie Proscia was selected as one of “40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch” for 2012 by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company. - October 2012