Alumni On the Move - Class of 2002
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Brad Antonacci of the Rockford, IL office made partner at the firm of Heyl Royster Voelker & Allen. - February 2013
- Brad Antonacci was selected as 2012 Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star. - January 2012
- Nina Cosentino was honored with the Outstanding Service Award at the 2014 NIU Law Alumni Council Awards ceremony on September 17, 2014 at the University Club of Chicago.
- Mike Denning was named to the Law Bulletin Publishing Company's list of the 40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty who are "up and comers" in Illinois. Mike is a partner in Heyl Royster's Rockford office where he concentrates his practice in civil defense litigation, including medical malpractice and nursing home litigation; auto, premises and trucking litigation; and the defense of toxic tort and asbestos claims. - November 2013
- Mike Denning was selected as 2012 Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star. - January 2012
- Alice Johnson was honored with the Distinguished Service Award for outstanding career achievements and devotion to the public good. - September 2013
- Alice Johnson was recently appointed as the Executive Director of the Illinois Nurses Association, the largest nursing union in the state of Illinois. - October 2012
- Andrew Keyt of the Peoria, IL office made partner at the firm of Heyl Royster Voelker & Allen. - February 2013
- Bettie Lewis was elected to the Brownfield Remediation and Intermodal Promotion Act Advisory Council. She is a partner at SmithAmundsen LLC in Chicago. - December 2013
- Ian Linnabary was named to the Top Lists of Leading Lawyers magazine in the areas of Closely & Privately Held Business Law; Election, Political & Campaign Law; Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying & Administrative Law; and Land Use, Zoning & Condemnation Law. With this honor, Ian, who is a partner at Reno & Zahm in Rockford, IL, holds the unique distinction of being the youngest Leading Lawyer in Winnebago County. - September 2013