Alumni On the Move - Class of 2001
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Julie Angelakos joined the Addison,IL-based Stewart Legal Services team as State Counsel for Illinois. - September 2013
- Carolyn Janson was elected to the Kane County Bar Association Board of Managers. - May 2012
- Hon. David Carlson was appointed associate judge in the 12th Judicial Circuit. - August 2013
- James J. Laraia was elected Third Vice President of the Board of Directors of the DuPage County Bar Association. He was installed on May 11. - May 2012
- Kate McCabe was honored with the Mentor of the Year Award for extraordinary dedication as a mentor. - September 2013
- Cecil E. Porter III received a Meritorious Service Award from the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel. - July 2013
- Eric J. Ryan opened a solo law firm on April 2, 2015. He is currently practicing in Geneva, IL, handling general civil litigation with a strong business focus and developing his appellate practice.