Alumni On the Move - Class of 1999
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Karl Kelz opened the Kelz Law Office, LLC in Medford, Wisconsin after serving 10 years as Taylor County District Attorney. Kelz Law Office, LLC provides legal services in Criminal, Family, Business, Estate Planing and Real Estate areas of the law. Karl is an experienced litigator with over 100 jury trials completed. - January 2014
- Greg Madden was promoted to Chief, Contracting with the Federal Supply Schedule Service of the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs National Acquisition Center in Hines, IL. - June 2013
- Jamie Resch, Senior Deputy Attorney General at the Nevada Attorney General’s office, won a case before the United States Supreme Court - NEVADA, ET AL., PETITIONERS v. CALVIN O’NEIL JACKSON. - June 2013
- Theisen Appointed to the Bench
- Sonni C. Williams has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Illinois Bar Foundation, the charitable arm of the Illinois State Bar Association. - July 2015
- Sonni C. Williams, Deputy Corporation Counsel for the city of Peoria, Ill., was elected to serve a second term on the Board of Governors of the Illinois State Bar Association. The 27-member board oversees the operations and activities of the statewide organization. Williams was first elected to the Board of Governors in 2012. - May 2015
- Sonni C. Williams was inducted as a member of the ISBA Board of Governors at the ISBA Annual Meeting on June 20, 2014.
- Sonni C. Williams has been promoted to Interim Corporation Counsel position for the City of Peoria, Illinois. - December 2012