Alumni On the Move - Class of 1995
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Robin Belleau became the Executive Director of the Illinois Lawyers' Assistance Program in January 2014. LAP is a commission of the Illinois Supreme Court and assists the legal community with addiction and mental health issues. - April 2014
- The 2012 NIU College of Law Alumni Council Award ceremony was held June 8 at River Heights Golf Course in DeKalb. Award recipients included Hon. Carmen Goodman, Distinguished Service Award.
- Gregory W. Hoskins was named a 2011 Leading Lawyer in Real Estate Law: Residential. - November 2011
- Rich Lenkov and Scott Prestin are co-producing a documentary on the legendary Super Bowl Champion 1985 Chicago Bears. Former Bear and ’85 team member Otis Wilson is also a co-producer, and the film will be narrated by Jim Belushi. - December 2014
- Rich Lenkov is the host of Legal Face-off--a fast-paced, high-energy legal program dealing with the hottest issues of the day that is available as a podcast from WGN. Lenkov and attorney Jason Whiteside host the program and provide a legal point/counterpoint perspective on issues ranging from Hollywood celebrities to sports stars and everything in between. Dean Jennifer Rosato Perea was a guest on the show in November 2014 and talked about if there are too many lawyers and the importance of jury selection.
- Rich Lenkov was named one of the "50 Most Influential People in Workers’ Compensation" by SEAK, Inc., a continuing education, publishing and consulting company. The list was assembled from those active in the workers’ compensation and occupational medicine field. Rich, a partner with Bryce, Downey & Lenkov LLC in Chicago, was named NIU Law's Alumnus of the Year in 2013. - August 2014
- Rich Lenkov was honored as Alumnus of the Year for outstanding career achievements and dedication to the College of Law. - September 2013
- Alumnus and Board of Visitors member Rich Lenkov was named to the Advisory Board of Legal Prep Charter Academy, Chicago's first and only legal-themed charter high school. - March 2013
- Rich Lenkov became the first President of the newly-formed Greater Chicago Chapter of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), a trade group including risk and litigation managers, insurance and claims professionals, corporate counsel, outside counsel and vendors to those occupations. CLM features 20,000 members nationally, and 1,345 in the Chicago area chapter. - January 2013
- Rhonda L. Rosenthal was elected to the ISBA Assembly for the 22nd Circuit. - May 2013
- Lisa Schultz became a partner at Collins & Henderson in Beloit, Wisconsin. Lisa's practice areas include Family Law, Divorce, Probate, Guardianship, Wills and Trusts, Real Estate Transactions, Small Claims, Criminal and Juvenile Defense. - June 2014
- John E. Sebastian, a Partner in the Chicago office of Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, was named a member of the prestigious Society of Illinois Construction Attorneys. - October 2011