Alumni On the Move - Class of 1985
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Joseph E. Kolar was named a 2011 Leading Lawyer in Personal Injury Law: General and Personal Injury Law: Professional Malpractice. - November 2011
- Ingrid Lehnert was named Vice President & General Counsel, NAM Region, for Alstom Grid, Inc. in Philadelphia, PA. - November 2013
- It was announced that Hon. Patricia Martin would be appointed by President Barack Obama as a member of the Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities. - August 2013
- Ron Matekaitis was elected Circuit Judge to the newly-created 23rd Circuit Court of Illinois on November 6, 2012.
- Hon. Joseph McGraw has been named the new Chairman of the Conference of Chief Judges, effective December 11, 2014. Judge McGraw will take over leadership from current Conference Chairman Chief Judge Elizabeth Robb of the 11th Judicial Circuit, who is retiring from judicial service on December 31, 2014. Judge McGraw has served as the Conference's vice-chairman since April 2014 and has served as a member of the Conference since January 2012. - October 2014
- Hon. Joseph McGraw was honored with the Distinguished Service Award for outstanding career achievements and devotion to the public good. - September 2013
- Honorable Joseph G. McGraw elected Chief Judge of the 17th Judicial Circuit Court. - October 2011
- Meltzer Receives Prestigious Alumni Association Award - May 2011
- Phil Nicolosi has been selected to fill the Illinois 17th Judicial Circuit associate judge seat vacated by the retiring Associate Judge Gary Pumilia. He began his term as judge on January 6, 2014.
- David Olson was once again ranked in the 2014 edition of the Chambers USA directory for excellence in the practice area of Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation; he was also ranked in 2013. He practices at the Milwaukee, WI office of Quarles & Brady. - May 2014
- David P. Olson of Quarles & Brady in Milwaukee, WI was was named one of The Best Lawyers in America for 2012. - September 2011
- D. Renee Schroeder was named a 2011 Leading Lawyer in Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying & Administrative Law; Public Finance Law; and Worker’s Compensation Defense Law. - November 2011