Alumni On the Move - Class of 1979
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Richard D. Felice was honored as Alumnus of the Year at the 2014 NIU Law Alumni Council Awards ceremony on September 17, 2014 at the University Club of Chicago.
- Richard D. Felice was installed as the 138th President of the Illinois State Bar Association at the ISBA Annual Meeting on June 20, 2014.
- Richard D. Felice will succeed to the office President-Elect of the ISBA. - May 2013
- James F. McCluskey has been elected to the Board of Directors of the Illinois Bar Foundation (IBF), the charitable arm of the Illinois State Bar Association. - September 2014
- James F. McCluskey was inducted as a member of the ISBA Board of Governors at the ISBA Annual Meeting on June 20, 2014.
- James F. McCluskey was elected as Secretary of the Illinois State Bar Association Board of Governors. - August 2013
- Michael Steelman was honored as the 2013 Illinois Banker of the Year by the Illinois Bankers Association. - June 2013
- Hon. Joseph R. Waldeck recently retired from the bench after spending nearly 20 years as an associate judge in Lake County Circuit Court where he focused on juvenile, domestic abuse, and family law matters. He has joined Schiller, DuCanto & Fleck LLP as a partner. - July 2014