Alumni On the Move - Class of 1978
Alumni of the NIU College of Law are an accomplished and driven group, comprising a nationwide community of legal practitioners, judges, public servants, and educators. We are proud to highlight their distinguished achievements and activities. Check back regularly for updates and see how NIU Law alumni exemplify excellence in their professions.
Submit your information for Alumni On the Move.
- Louis G. Apostol was inducted into the United Hellenic Voters of America's prestigious "Hall of Fame" for his many contributions to the practice of law and government service. He was honored at the UHVA's 39th Annual Awards Dinner and by the City of Chicago with a resolution sponsored by Alderman Burke in November. Louis is Executive Director and counsel for the Illinois Property Tax Appeal Board and a member of the NIU Law Board of Visitors. - October/November 2013
- John T. Elsner was elected Chief Judge of the Court of the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit of Illinois. - September 2011
- NIU College of Law Honors Alumnus Gilwit at Annual Golf Outing and Awards Dinner - July 2011
- James Glasgow received an award from the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network for his work to protect victims of domestic violence. - June 2013
- Robert Handley was elected to the ISBA Assembly for the 18th Circuit. - May 2013
- Edward J. Kus was recognized as one of the “Leaders in their Field” in the recently released 2014 edition of Chambers USA. Kus, a partner with Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP in Chicago, was designated as a leader in Illinois in the area of Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use. Chambers ranks both lawyers and law firms based on the research of more than 150 full-time editors and researchers. - June 2014
- Dean Maragos was elected to the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois. - June 2013
- Cherilyn Murer Presents 18th Annual Riley Lecture on Professionalism - March 2011
- Cherilyn Murer was re-elected as the Chair of the Board of Trustees for fiscal year 2013 and Judge Anthony Iosco was re-elected as a member of the executive board. - May 2012
- NIU Trustee Chair Cherilyn Murer Gives Lecture on Ethics in Law and Business - November 2011
- Cherilyn Murer was appointed to the National Readmission Prevention Collaborative (NRPC). NRPC is a volunteer organization that showcases case studies of 'Best Practice' readmission prevention programs for hospitals and provides readmission prevention tool kits. - February 2014
- James A. Scheer was named a 2011 Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law. - November 2011
- John E. Stevens was named a 2011 Leading Lawyer in Governmental, Municipal, Lobbying & Administrative.- November 2011