- Prospective Student Home
- Quick Facts
- Apply/Check Status
- On-Campus Events
- Off-Campus Events
- Plan Your Visit/Contact Us
- Request Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tuition, Fees, and Budgets
- Types of Financial Aid
- Consumer Information
- Frequently Asked Financial Questions
- College of Law Home
Research assistantships are one of two types of assistantships available at NIU College of Law. After their first years, students can be considered for research assistantships within NIU College of Law.
Normally, assistantship applications are processed during late spring for positions starting the next fall. Applications are processed in the early fall for positions starting in the spring.
Law students should note that tuition waivers affect the student’s financial aid budget. The tuition waiver reduces the total student loan eligibility amount.
- A student interested in a research assistantship should submit a Research Assistantship Application (hard copies are available in the NIU College of Law Office of Admissions & Financial Aid) to a professor with whom he or she would like to work.
- These research assistantships provide waivers in the amount of full or partial in-state tuition.