- Prospective Student Home
- Quick Facts
- Apply/Check Status
- On-Campus Events
- Off-Campus Events
- Plan Your Visit/Contact Us
- Diversity at NIU Law
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tuition, Fees, and Budgets
- Types of Financial Aid
- Consumer Information
- Frequently Asked Financial Questions
- College of Law Home
Graduate assistantships are one of two types of assistantships available at NIU College of Law. After their first years, students can register for graduate assistantships within other NIU departments.
Normally, assistantship applications are processed during late spring for positions starting the next fall. Applications are processed in the early fall for positions starting in the spring.
Law students should note that tuition waivers affect the student’s financial aid budget. The tuition waiver reduces the total student loan eligibility amount.
- Students seeking Graduate Assistantships should contact the Office of Human Resource Services at http://www.hr.niu.edu/ServiceAreas/Grads/.
- These assistantships provide waivers in the amount of full or partial in-state or out-of-state tuition.