Skip navigation

Withdrawal & Leave of Absence


A student with a cumulative grade point average of 2.200 or above, or otherwise doing satisfactory work in all courses in which the student is registered, may withdraw from the College of Law in good standing by notifying the Dean's Office in person and the College of Law registrar in writing. A student will be considered registered until written notice of withdrawal is received by the registrar. In some cases, a student who withdraws may be eligible for a refund.

Visit the NIU website for more information on university policies and procedures related to withdrawals.

Leave of Absence

A student in good standing requesting a leave of absence must submit a written request to the Dean. Approval will normally be granted for a period of not more than one year. A student who has withdrawn, the authorized period, shall apply for readmission by written request to the dean. Such request may then be referred to the Admissions Committee or the Academic Standing Committee.

Contact Us


Apply Now!


Phone: 815-753-8595
Swen Parson Hall 151

General Information

Admissions Information: 815-753-8595
Swen Parson Hall 151

Other Questions: 815-753-1068
Swen Parson Hall 270

Request Information

Give to the College of Law

Law Library

Like, Join, and Follow us on

Facebook   Facebook Groups   Twitter  LinkedIn