If the article you need isn't at the law library:
- Check the Does the library have this journal? link on the home page to make sure the article you want isn't available in full text in one of NIU's databases or is held in paper or microfiche in one of NIU's libraries.
- If the article you want is not available at NIU, fill out an Interlibrary Loan form (.pdf) & return it to the Circulation Desk.
If the book you need isn't at the law library:
- Use NIU's catalog to make sure the book isn't at Founders Library. If it is at Founders or another NIU library, use your OneCard to check it out there just as you do at the law library.
- If the book isn't at NIU, use the I-Share catalog to request items from over 70 Illinois academic and special libraries. Loans for I-Share books are for 28 days with up to 3 renewals allowed (6 renewals for faculty and staff).
- If the book you want is not available through I-Share, fill out an Interlibrary Loan form (.pdf) & return it to the Circulation Desk.
More about using I-Share:
- The law library's interlibrary loan services are limited to faculty or students of the College of Law for the purposes of study and law school-related research or teaching.
- NIU students and faculty not associated with the College of Law should use the University Library interlibrary loan service to obtain materials unavailable in any of the NIU Libraries.
- Please allow about 10 working days to fill interlibrary loan requests. You will be notified via your student mailbox or e-mail when materials arrive, and you can pick them up at the Circulation Desk.
- The law library does not interlibrary loan material from Founders Library or other NIU Libraries. However, if you are faculty or staff and the article you want is available at a NIU library in hard copy, Founders Library will make a copy of the article for you and send it to you electronically via their Campus Delivery Service.
- The law library may refer users to other libraries for on-site use instead of attempting to request materials via interlibrary loan if the material is needed immediately, a large number of titles is required, or a subject area is to be researched without reference to particular titles.
- For questions regarding interlibrary loan, please call Sharon Nelson at 815-753-2021 or email email@example.com