The College of Law offers five Certificate Programs for students matriculating beginning in August 2011.
- Certificate in Civil Advocacy (effective with the Class of 2014)
- Certificate in Criminal Practice (effective with the Class of 2014)
- Certificate in Business Law (effective with the Class of 2015)
- Certificate in International Law (effective with the Class of 2015)
- Certificate in Public Interest Law (effective with the Class of 2015)
In addition, the College of Law together with the Graduate School offers a Graduate Certificate in Law & Women's Studies.
Instructions for Certificate Applications
- 1. Complete digital version of application (Download below; PDF files compatible with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. Others such as Mozilla Firefox may not function properly).
- 2. Email digital version to email@example.com.
- 3. Print hard copy of application, check that information is correct, then sign / date it.
- 4. Give hard copy to supervising faculty member for review and signature:
- Civil Advocacy - Professor David Taylor
- Criminal Practice - Professor Marc Falkoff
- Business Law - Professor John Walton
- International Law - Professor Morse Tan
- Public Interest Law - Professor Lawrence Schlam
- 5. Associate Dean Gaebler must also approve and sign the form.
- 6. When all approvals and signatures are acquired, turn hard copy form in to Julie Mahoney-Krzyzek (SP285).
- 7. It is preferred that this process is completed by the time Statement of Candidacy meeting with Julie takes place. (October for December graduates; February for May graduates)