Therese A. Clarke Arado
Deputy Director of the Law Library and Professor
B.B.A., Loyola University of Chicago
M.L.S., Dominican University
J.D., The John Marshall Law School, Chicago
Phone: (815) 753-9497
Therese Clarke joined the law library faculty in 2000. She provides legal reference assistance to faculty, students, and other library users. Additionally, she teaches legal research and supports law faculty and students in their use of instructional technology. She has worked as a reference librarian in both law school and law firm settings. She is a member of the American Association of Law Libraries, the Mid-America Association of Law Libraries and serves on various committees within the Chicago Association of Law Libraries. She has presented and prepared materials for the American Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting. She is admitted to the Illinois Bar.
- Safe Haven, Adoption and Birth Record Laws: Where are the Daddies?, 36 Cap. U. L. Rev. 207 (2007) (with Jeffrey A. Parness).
| SSRN |
- O Brave New World? Electronic Voting Machines and Internet Voting: An Annotated Bibliography, 27 N Ill L. Rev. 313 (2007) (with Susan M. Boland).
- Why Won’t Someone Help Me?: The Unspeakable Epidemic of Domestic Violence: an Annotated Bibliography, 23 N Ill L. Rev. 529 (2003).
| Lexis*| | Westlaw*| | Hein On-line*|
- TechBuzz: E-books and the Library Collection: Friend or Foe or Both? CALL Bull. 34 (Winter 2010).
- TechBuzz: Some Thoughts and Suggestions on Organizing Technology, CALL Bull. 34 (Fall 2009).
- TechBuzz: Web 2.0 Challenge and Business Connections to Social Media, CALL Bull. 34 28 (Winter 2009).
- Presentation Software, Computers and Projectors Oh My!, CALL Bull. 33 (Spring 2008).
- TechBuzz: Free Wiki, CALL Bull. 14 (Fall 2007).
- Hein Online: It’s Not Your Father’s Hein-Online!, CALL Bull. 34 (Spring 2007).
- Legal Research Rhyme in Fourteenth National Legal Research Teach-In Training Resource Kit 3 (Jennifer S. Murray ed. 2006).
- Loislaw and Versuslaw: Database Alternatives to Consider, CALL Bull. 20 (Spring 2006).
- CS SIS Web page Resource Guide, Copyright and Licensing Digital Materials – A Resource Guide (2005).
- Law Librarians Participate in Statewide Illinois CLICKS! Program, CALL Bull. 18 (Winter 2004).
- Legal Research in the 21st Century: How the Web Has Changed How We Find the Law, N. Law. (Winter 2003).
- They All Grow Up So Quickly: Sending Our Students Into The Real World, RIPS L. Libr. (Spring 2002).
Professional Association Presentations
- Let's Talk Legal Research Instruction – What we can Learn from Each Other - presentation at the 2009 Mid-American Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting, Columbia, Missouri, October 17, 2009
- Let's Talk Legal Research Knowledge/Skill Assessment - presentation at the 2009 Mid-American Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting, Columbia, Missouri, October 17, 2009
- Divided We Succeed – Teach Legal Writing and Research as Separate Collaborative Courses –2009 Central Region Legal Writing Conference, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, October 10, 2009. Member of five person panel.
- Effectively Using Online (Distance Education) Tools Close to Home, AALL 96th Annual Meeting and Conference, Seattle, Washington, July 12, 2003.
- Trial Technique & Evidence, Legal Info. Alert, May 2009, at 13 (Book Review).
- Think Again!: Innovative Approaches to the Business of Law,Legal Info. Alert, May 2008, at 13 (Book Review).
- Inside and Outside the Jury Box: Effective Trial Strategies,Legal Info. Alert, June 2007, at 14 (Book Review).
- Mastering Voire Dire and Jury Selection: Gain an Edge in Questioning and Selecting Your Jury, Legal Info. Alert, Sept. 2005, at 14 (Book Review).
- Violence Against Women: Victims, Abusers, Prevention and Protection - Legal, Medical and Research Developments, Volume II, Legal Info. Alert, Nov./Dec. 2004, at 11 (Book Review).
- Mediation Representation: Advocating in a Problem-Solving Process, Legal Info. Alert, Jul./Aug. 2004, at 12-13 (Book Review).
- E-Commerce and Communications: Transactions in Digital Information, Legal Info. Alert, Feb. 2003, at 13 (Book Review).
- Violence Against Women: Laws, Prevention, Protection, Enforcement, Treatment, Health, Legal Info. Alert, Jan. 2003, at 11 (Book Review).
- E-Business Internet and On-line Transactions, Legal Info. Alert, Oct. 2002 at 10 (Book Review).
- International Franchising in Emerging Markets: Central and Eastern Europe and Latin America, Legal Info. Alert, May 2002, at 14 (Book Review).
- Mealey's Nimmer Report on Copyright, Legal Info. Alert, Jul./Aug. 2001, at 11 (Book Review).
- Comparative Environmental Law and Regulation, Legal Info. Alert, May 1998, at 8 (Book Review).
- Financial Statement Analysis and Business Valuation for the Practical Lawyer, Legal Info. Alert, Sept. 1999, at 13 (Book Review).
- Scarcity of Water: Emerging Legal and Policy Responses, Legal Info. Alert, Jul./Aug. 1998, at 11-12 (Book Review).
- Insider Trading, Legal Info. Alert, Feb. 1997, at 8 (Book Review).
- The Law and Practice of Offshore Banking and Finance, Legal Info. Alert, Nov./Dec. 1996, at 8 (Book Review).