Kristen Myers, Ph.D.
Ph.D., North Carolina State University
- Black and White women working to overcome racism
- Gay and lesbian police officers negotiating gender expectations at work
- How people talk about race in private
- How positionality affects qualitative research
- Teaching inequality
- Myers, Kristen. 2015. "Being 'The Man' Without Having a Job And/Or: Providing Care Instead of 'Bread'." In Families as They Really Are, 2nd ed., Virginia Rutter and Barbara Risman, eds. New York: Norton.
- Myers, Kristen. 2013. "Anti-feminist Messages in American Television Programming for Young Girls." Journal of Gender Studies.
- Myers, Kristen. 2013. "Exotica: The Deployment of Intersecting Binaries." Journal of Ethnography 42.6.
- Myers, Kristen. 2012. "'Cowboy Up!' Non-hegemonic Representations of Masculinity in Children's Television Programming." Journal of Men's Studies 20: 125-143.
- Myers, Kristen. 2005. Racetalk: Racism Hiding in Plain Sight. New York: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Myers, Kristen. 2012. "Exotica: The Deployment of Intersecting Binaries." Journal of Contemporary Ethnography41: 7-33.
- Myers, Kristen and Laura Raymond. 2012. "Elementary School Girls and Heteronormativity: The Girl Project."Gender & Society 24: 167-188.
- Myers, Kristen; Kay Forest; and Suan Miller. 2004. "Officer Friendly and the Tough Cop: Gays and Lesbians Navigate Homophobia and Policing." Journal of Homosexuality 47: 17-37.
- Myers, Kristen. 2004. "Ladies First: Race, Class and the Contradictions of a Powerful Femininity." Sociological Spectrum 24 (1): 11-41.
- Myers, Kristen; Cynthia Anderson; and Barbara Risman, eds. 1998. Feminist Foundations: Toward Transforming Sociology. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
- Research in women's studies
- The sociology of gender, work and inequality
- Social inequality
- Social problems
- Qualitative research methods
- The sociology of knowledge