- Speak Up Get Help Just Act (NIU Bystander Education) Information
- Student Code of Conduct
- About Us
- e-Checkup To Go Alcohol
- e-Checkup To Go Marijuana
- Student Mediation Services
- Contact Us
- Student Affairs Departments
- Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
- Office of Community Standards & Student Conduct
Student Mediation Services
Mediation is a confidential process in which an impartial third party facilitates communication between disputing parties to promote reconciliation, settlement, or an understanding between them.
Turn to mediation for:
- Roommate Problems
- Minor Harassment
- Noise and Disruptive Behavior
- Ethnic and Lifestyle Tensions
- Minor Incidents of Violence
- Relationship Problems
Benefits of mediation
- Ends conflict between roommates, classmates, and friends.
- Improves your relationships by understanding each other's needs.
- Explores different options available.
- Takes a fresh look at the dispute.
- Settles disputes privately.
- Quick way to solve on-going problems.
- Clears up disputes.
Interested? Have Questions?
Contact the Student Mediation Services Hotline at 753-1571.
Voice-mail 24 hours, 7 days a week. Your call will be returned.