Account Statements


Account Statements

Account Statements are based on the information contained in your student financial account. Your student account includes all NIU charges and all payments, financial aid, or other credits. Charges incurred to your account include: Tuition and related fees, and other common charges such as medical insurance, room and board, bookstore, etc.

Initial Account Statements for a semester are issued approximately one month prior to the start of the semester (see Due Dates page). After the initial billing for the semester, they will be issued monthly, with payment of any new charges due approximately three weeks from the date of the statement. These monthly notifications show all charges and payments that have occurred since the previous statement. Include your 8-Digit-Student ID in the memo section of your check payment (see Make a Payment page for additional information).

Official Account Statements are mailed to your permanent address. A schedule of the billing and payment due dates for the current academic year can be found on the Due Dates page. If preferred, instead of your permanent address, Account Statements can be mailed to an alternative billing address.

Online Account Access: You can view your financial account information online 24/7 via MyNIU open in new window. Self service account statements can be accessed in the Student Center > Finances section by clicking the View Accounts Statements link. View our Adobe Acrobat icon jobaid for more details.

It is your responsibility to update your address with the University. An inaccurate address (local, permanent, or billing) may prevent or delay your receipt of critical and often time-sensitive materials. You can change your local or permanent address online via MyNIU open in new window.

Please note: Although the Office of the Bursar is responsible for maintaining the record of your student account and issuing Account Statements to you, it does not have the authority to make changes to the charges or awards on your account. The Office of the Bursar can refer you to the appropriate office or department to direct your inquiry.


shared access logo


Still Have Questions?

If you have questions about your Account Statements, view our